Hartington Village Hall
Charity Number :525048
Conditions of Hire
Thank you for your booking. We include some useful information that you may find helpful in using the Hall, as well as conditions that you must follow. Do please call us if you have any queries, and we hope you enjoy the use of the Hall.
- Where required, you will be met on arrival and provided with a key as well as being given an induction in the key facilities and Health & Safety. When leaving the process to return the key is to leave in the key safe.
- The kitchen facilities will be explained at this time.
- The electric systems will be clarified including lighting, electric heating and fuses
- A first Aid box is available in the kitchen. Please tell us if you use anything or find anything is missing
- A landline phone and internet ( password will be provided) is available
- It is the responsibility of the Hirer to make sure that the ‘Conditions for Hire’ of the Village Hall are understood and adhered to by all persons using the rooms during the period of hire.
- The Hirer shall be responsible for the fabric and contents: their care and safety from damage, and the behaviour of all persons using the premises. The Hirer shall make good or pay for all damage (including accidental damage) to the premises or to the fixtures, fittings or contents and for the loss of contents.
- If alcoholic drink is to be sold or provided it is the responsibility of the Hirer to ensure alcohol is not sold to persons suspected of being under the age of 18.
- No illegal drugs may be brought onto the premises, and the Hirer should take reasonable steps to avoid violent or criminal behaviour.
- Smoking is prohibited throughout the premises.
- Naked candles are not to be used under any circumstances because of the fire risk. Tea lights are acceptable but if you intend to use any please let the Hall Secretary know in advance.
- The Hirer shall avoid blocking access to the Bakehouse Yard, except to load and upload, or any neighbouring private access.
- The Hirer shall ensure that any electrical appliances brought by them to the premises and used there shall be safe, in good working order and used in a safe manner.
- The Hirer should be present throughout the duration of hire, note fire exits and familiarise themselves with procedures set out on printed fire notices.
- Ensure the Hall is vacated promptly at the end of the hire period. All guests should vacate the Hall within a reasonable period of the Hall’s licensed time limit. All clearing up should be completed within a reasonable period, unless time has been allocatedthe following morning. We ask that every effort is made to avoid disturbance to our neighbours.
- The Hall should be left clean and tidy, including the outside areas. Waste sacks will be provided but it is the Hirer’s responsibility to ensure tidy removal of waste to the bin outside. We ask that the Hirer remove recyclable material off site. We have our approach to recycling under review.
- The Hirer is urged to take out adequate insurance to cover themselves in the event of any liability. Please note that the Village Hall insurance policy does not cover alcoholic stock.
The Village Hall is insured against any claims arising out of its own negligence.
Accidents and Dangerous Occurrences: The Hirer must report all accidents involving injury to the public as soon as possible. In the first instance contact the Village Hall Secretary on 07763727660 (or firstname.lastname@example.org ). You will be provided with the appropriate form which should be returned and the Chair of Trustees will take forward any issues.
- The hire charge will be that applicable at the time of hire. A supplementary charge will be levied should a licensed bar be required.
- A deposit of £80 is required to secure each application for a booking. The deposit will be returned should the premises and grounds be found to have been left in good order. Full payment must be tendered at least two weeks in advance of the event.
- If the Hirer wishes to cancel the booking and the Village Hall is unable to conclude a replacement booking then the deposit will have to be forfeit. If the cancellation occurs more than two weeks in advance of the booking 50% of the deposit will be forfeit. Should the cancellation be made within 14 days of the event then 1005 of the deposit will be forfeit.
- The Village Hall reserves the right to cancel a booking in the event of:
- The premises being required to host a Polling Station.
- The Management Committee believe within reason that there will be a risk of a breach of licensing conditions or that an unlawful event may occur.
- The premises becoming unfit for the intended use.
- An emergency arising which requires the premises to be used, such as would take place snowstorm, fire, explosion.
In any such case the Hirer shall be entitled to a refund of any deposit already paid but the Village Hall shall not be liable to the Hirer for any direct or indirect loss or damages whatsoever.
- Payments and a signed copy of the Conditions of Hire should be presented to the Treasurer.
- Our preferred method of payment is by BACS. The details will be sent out by our Treasurer.
- Cheques should be made payable to ‘Hartington Village Hall Management Committee’.
Noise : Music and noise must be kept down to a reasonable level. All noise must cease by midnight. Hall windows and doors should not be open after 10pm if music is being played as we have a duty to our neighbours not to allow intrusive noise
Furniture & Equipment :
- Hirers are asked to leave all chairs and tables as they were found. This includes replacing articles taken from the storerooms and cupboards.
- All breakages are to be reported and a charge may be made for their replacement. It would be appreciated if faults, e.g. light bulbs, could also be reported by email.
- Hirers must ensure that the ‘End of Session Check List’ displayed on exit doors is followed.
Windows & Doors: Hirers must be certain that all windows and doors are securely shut and locked before leaving and that the main entrance doors are pulled to. The last users of the day should lock the main entrance doors.
Storage: No items whatsoever are to be left in the building except by permission of the Management.
Use of Fridge: Dairy products, vegetables and meat on the premises must be stored in compliance with food safety guidance. Please ensure you remove all items from the fridge when you leave the building.
Use of kitchen area: The kitchen/bar floor and the shelves and work tops are to be cleaned after use and all bottles, glasses and containers removed.
Cleaning: The Hall, Bakehouse meeting room, kitchen and outside premises must be left clean and tidy. If the kitchen is used, it is the responsibility of Hirers to see that it is swept and washed after use and all worktop surfaces wiped clean. Drain the urn after use. Rubbish is to be placed in plastic bags and deposited in the waste container in the courtyard near the front entrance. All unsold items of jumble MUST be taken away.
Parking: There is no parking on the village hall site. Parking is available either in the designated bays in the village centre or in the nearby Derbyshire Dales Car Park. Cars are parked at owner’s risk. Please be considerate towards our neighbours.
Rights: The Hiring Agreement constitutes permission only to use the premises and confers no tenancy or other right of occupation on the Hirer. Hirers are required to complete the following declaration and return it along with the £80 booking deposit.
Use of Data: The information we collect is purely for the effective and efficient hire of the Village Hall, and will not be shared with anyone beyond this specific purpose. Should you have any concern over the use of your data then you should in the first instance contact the Secretary (email@example.com ).
Signed copy to be sent to our Treasurer noting that ‘Conditions of Hire’ have been read and accepted.
Hartington Village Hall : Conditions of Hire
|Name of Hirer:
Date and Time of Event:
To be returned to the Treasurer :
Kate Craven, Springfield House, Dig Street,Hartington, Buxton SK17 0AQ.